Sago with Coconut and Black Bean
½ cup Cock Brand small tapioca pearl (Sago), washed
1¼ cup water
7 tbsp sugar, more or less, to taste
½ piece Cock Brand palm sugar, more or less, to taste
½ cup Aroy-D Brand canned young coconut meat, julienne cut
1½ – 2 cup Cock Brand black bean, soaked in water overnight
1¼ cup Aroy-D Brand canned coconut milk for dessert
½ tsp salt
- Boiled soaked black beans approximately 40 minutes to 1 hour or until soft. Remove from heat and wash with cold water. Set aside.
- In a pot, boil 1¼ cups water with tapioca pearl over a medium heat until the tapioca pearl is partially translucent. If the boiling tapioca looks too thick, a little bit of water can be added.
- Then, add 4 tbsp of sugar and shredded coconut meat. Mix well and set aside.
- In another pot with medium to low heat, add coconut milk, cooked black beans, and salt. When the coconut milk is boiled, lower the heat down. Add 3 tbsp of sugar and ½ piece of palm sugar. Mix well.
- Pour black beans with coconut milk into tapioca pearl pot. Mix well and serve immediately.