Red Curry Chicken with Bamboo Shoots
Step1: Red Curry Paste
25 Dried chili*, soaked, seeds removed
2 Coconut Tree Brand lemongrass, sliced
2 tbsp Coconut Tree Brand galangal, sliced
2-3 shallots 8 garlic cloves
1 lime, zest 2 Coriander roots
1 tsp whole pepper
1½ tsp coriander seeds, roasted
1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
½ tsp salt
1 tsp Scale Brand kapi shrimp paste
Pound all the spices starting from dried chili with salt and leave kapi shrimp paste the last.
Step2: Curry Chicken with Bamboo Shoots
1 kg chicken thighs or breast
1 Aroy-D Brand canned bamboo strips, put in boiling water about 1 minute
1 Aroy-D Brand UHT coconut milk
1 bunch Thai basil leaves
2 tbsp of oil
Red curry paste Fish sauce, to taste
Cock Brand palm sugar, to taste
Red chili, cur vertically for garnish
Time Saving Options!
3-4 tbsp Aroy-D Red Curry Paste, more or less, to taste
- Open UHT coconut milk (do not shake), separate the thick coconut milk from the thin coconut milk.
- Heat the oil in wok, stir fry chicken until cooked, set aside.
- In a pot, mix red curry paste with thick coconut milk on medium to low heat. Stir often until fully boiled and fragrant.
- Add bamboo strip, chicken, and thin coconut milk into the pot. If the curry is too thick, add a little bit of water to dilute it. Turn heat on high and wait until the curry boiled.
- Add palm sugar and fish sauce until get the desire taste. Turn off the heat before adding basil leave. Mix well.
- Recommended serving with Rose Brand Rice.