Baked Basa Fish in Banana Leaves
- Combine the coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, and kaffir lime leaves in a shallow dish.
- Marinate the fish in this mixture for about 15-30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the vegetables together and lay a portion on top of a banana leaf. Place a piece of basa fish on top with a little of its marinade.
- Wrap the fish by turning in the sides and ends of the leaf and secure with toothpicks. Repeat with the rest of the leaves and the fish. The left over marinade can be heated and used as a sauce to serve with the basa fish.
- Bake in the hot oven for 20-25 minutes or until the fish is cooked. Just before serving, garnish the fish with a sprinkling of green onions and sliced red chillies.
1 cup Aroy-D Brand coconut milk for cooking
2 tbsp Aroy-D Brand red curry paste
3 tbsp Cock Brand fish sauce
2 tbsp sugar
5 Cock Brand kaffir lime leaves, torn
4 x 6-ounce Twin Fish Brand basa fillets
¾ cups mixed vegetables, such as carrots orleeks, finelyshredded
4 Cock Brand frozen banana leaves
1 green onion
2 Coconut Tree Brand frozen red chillies, finely sliced, to garnish